As of January 2021
Laver & Wood Ltd (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- [any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- freight companies and customs in order to ship the goods to you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.]
[A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.]
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
[If you post your personal information on the website’s [message board/ chat room], you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.]
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email and phone number.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that we could use to email you latest news or offers on products.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Laver & Wood makes shopping safe through its secure server. Using Thawte certification the secure server software encrypts information, ensuring that Internet transactions stay private and protected. This secure connection means that only we can see your credit card number. No one on the Internet can access your confidential information. Once received, all credit card details are kept on file and securely locked away.